e3: Where can I buy a boat

Merrick

You can't buy any boats on the surface. There may be a few boats locally available in this or that town, but you can never take to the rivers and oceans of Valorim.

—Alorael, who can't think of any secret passages straight off the river in Upper Exile. There may be some if you disembark first, but the boat is mainly useful for entering the side of Ghikra and for exploring some of the inaccessible shores of the river.

Quote:
Originally written by The Retortionist:
—Alorael, who can't think of any secret passages straight off the river in Upper Exile. There may be some if you disembark first, but the boat is mainly useful for entering the side of Ghikra and for exploring some of the inaccessible shores of the river.
I think that in Upper Exile, you can follow one of the eastern rivers for a magic buckler.

There are a number of minor hidden things that I can remember, and some not-so-minor ones in A3. Silverlocke is the only one I can think of that requires wall bashing in a boat.

—Alorael, who will consider locating scripted gaps in rocks the same as wall bashing even though you don't actually have to move onto the rocks to find the passage.

No if you've got all the stuff mentioned here, your done with the boat. The waterfalls just serve to provide a border for the underworld (it would look kinda crappy if the river just ran right off the map).

The orb can't be used in the underworld in e3, or anywhere else Jeff doesn't want you flying (strangely it CAN be used in caves in earlier games.)

• 4 weeks later...