A6 - changing the plot(spoilers)

trinko

I tend to role play so running good characters I didn't want to help Gladwell but I did want to see what was under Erika's tower.

So i went into the patricks tower scripts and changed them so that I got the rewards of the intermediate quests--I'd done the first one because it didn't seem to harm anyone--[i guess I used a charm spell on Gladwell... :)] and set it up to start the last quest in Erika's tower.

That went well and I killed Gladwell afterwards--he seemed to be bad news overall. He didn't seem to leave anything in the way of items however which was a bit of a let down.

This being able to change the plot is great!

Oh, that's a nice idea!

I didn't have any special moral qualms about Gladwell's quests until the spider egg, which I refused to steal. (Avernum is a better place with ridiculously cute poison-fanged friendly spiders.) So I never did recieve the Erika's tower quest.

I feel like I'm missing something, though, so I guess I need to make some qualm-less characters and just do everything.

The other option is to go into the script file and assign the items between the code= and break; associated with the dialog for the completion of a quest to another dialog item. That way you can get credit for the spider quest--yeah they are nice--but not have to steal the egg. You can do the same for the spire mayor quest too.

• 2 months later...

Chances are that the little happy GIFTs will lay a few more eggs later anyway. Respect your morals. I figured that I was trying to "save Avernum", which included saving them, really. The best way to accomplish it was to get what Gladwell was offering, then do him in, which was quite gratifying. Did it in A5 also, which actually was more difficult with all the extra monsters to fight.