A6 - Skribbane use

ewan

Wow. Stuff really works, huh?

I had what I expect is the normal highly-sceptical approach here, so did not use it until almost at endgame; from that limited experience, it looked as though the time for which benefits lasted got rapidly shorter (and I assume would soon move into needing to take the drug to avoid *loss* of baseline abilities) - correct?

What does withdrawal do? [i killed the dealers before I observed the 'drug dealing for xp' exploit noted here, but accumulated ~70 skribbane that I could never bring myself to sell for cash. Odd when I was happily slaughtering, I know.]

Yes, the duration of effectiveness seems to decrease each time you use it.

Withdrawal is nasty. The exact number of times you have to use skribbane before becoming addicted seems to be somewhat random, but it's usually between 5 and 10. At some random point when you're least expecting it, you'll suddenly be cursed, weakened and slowed. This only happens when you're in the middle of a fight with actual enemies, and the game seems to have a sixth sense about when to trigger it to do you the most harm. Once you start experiencing withdrawal symptoms, they'll trigger again up to 4 or 5 times and eventually go away.

If you do get addicted, it's best to just never use skribbane again: for the rest of the game, the effects will usually only last a single round, and you'll almost always get withdrawal symptoms at some point later on.

There are one or two encounters throughout the game that are slightly different if you've ever used skribbane, although the effects of these aren't particularly negative.