A6 - Item descriptions

Øther

A6 gives information in a pop-up window on mouseover. In any case, the question is about the descriptive text that used to come with items.

—Alorael, who liked being told regularly that all food in Avernum is disgusting. And he's fairly sure the text was still around in A3, as he recalls the same disgusting Avernite food description on comestibles in Valorim.

Originally Posted By: Verbose PDN is verboten.
They were still around in Nethergate, and I think also the earlier Avernums. They disappeared in A3 or A4, I think.

—Alorael, who'd bet on the latter. They're definitely gone in Geneforge, and A4 uses the same engine (sort of), so that's a likely disappearing point.

Actually some of the items in the Geneforge series still have descriptions, usually in an unbolded text.

On a side note; All food being disgusting is unrealistic.

To someone who was send down from the surface maybe, but those who grew up in Avernum will not see it that way. When they eat a baked mushroom, they will fondly remember the times when their mother used to make baked mushrooms for them. No, they won't think of it as disgusting.

That a soldier from the empire, such as in A5 thinks that way is understandable. But the same text description appearing to the soldiers of Avernum such as in A6 is really strange.

But then, if the same descriptions appear on food on the surface in A3 (I never played A3) then I guess I shouldn't complain. smile