Is this game worth buying[G5]

Vexivero

Originally Posted By: Master1
[ ...] those two games can significantly increase you immersion in the next 3 games.

And enjoyability. Seeing the Drakon's rise in the 2nd game, and the initial exposure of humans to canisters in the 1st, really improves your enjoyment of the long, loooooooooong descent of the morality and ethos of the worlds. My favorite moment in the entire series, plot-wise, was reading the journal in the Sealed Labs in G1, where the unnamed Agent chronicles the downslide of Zavor and Tek into power-hungry megalomaniacs, and their journals, writing about their obsession with canisters. I still remember the final words:

"I am sure of one thing. The moment things go wrong, I am through the doors. I won't die sealed in here with them."

1 is unique in that while there is a prescribed order in which you should go about the game(Awakned-Obeyer-Taker-Ancient crypt-NC lands-Mines-Geneforge), there is nothing stopping you violating that, unlike in, say, G4, where you needed to finish up a main quest before you were let into a new province. This made the fact that you could head into the Junkyard as your 10th or so area, and get a free Submission Baton that early in the game incredibly useful. G2 had this as well, but there were choke points in between the various lands, and while you could blast your way through, it would probably anger a lot of people.