Memory sage[G5]

usedpilot

I'm near the end of the game. Astoria says I'm on my last mission, to go sabatoge Kayar's spire.

Now, since I've reached Dera I've heard about a sage in the south that can restore memory, or help me understand who I was. I've explored pretty much every square of the area except Kayar's section. Where exactly is this sage?

thanks

No, there are two books near the essence pool in Rawal's private quarters. I think originally you were supposed to get from someone how to read the coded one, only Jeff never got around to putting that part into the game. If you read the script for Isenwood dlg you'll see some text that isn't accessible in the game.

That's not entirely true. If the PC is a Shaper, Guardian, or Agent, that's inconsistent with what you say.

The information in the game is equally consistent (and, in the above case, inconsistent) with the G3 PC, who however gets a small boost in fit by the comments made by Alwan and Greta in G4.

Originally Posted By: Angry Starman in 8-2
That's not entirely true. If the PC is a Shaper, Guardian, or Agent, that's inconsistent with what you say.

All we know about PCs of those classes is that they like to dress as a Shaper, Guardian or Agent. That doesn't prove that they used to be one.

Originally Posted By: Jarkhiss Blaze
Perhaps the PC's class was lost and they simply dressed him/her up in the nearest uniform. You take an Agent and put her in an Infiltrator get-up, you still have someone who's really good at magic, and sucks at Shaping.

This is in fact exactly what happened, as described at the beginning of the game.

Originally Posted By: Thuryl
All we know about PCs of those classes is that they like to dress as a Shaper, Guardian or Agent. That doesn't prove that they used to be one.

No. We also know that they have very slightly different stats. Maybe insignificantly, but the classes are more than just a set of sprites.

—Alorael, who wonders why nobody ever mistakenly takes the G5 protagonist, who happens to be a brilliant shaper and a godawful warrior, and sticks him in some armor and a helmet. Or whatever those Guardian clothes are that aren't actually armor even though the helmet looks pretty stifling.

Right. The text from the script reads

Click to reveal..
This must be the book you learned about in Mera. You flip through it until you find the pages with the marks that were described to you. Then you get some water from a nearby bucket and smudge the writing.";

text4 = "There is nothing else to do, so you close the book.";

text5 = "You flip through the book. It looks exactly the same as it did the last time you inspected it

Even that doesn't help much.