For a caster servile...[G5]

Which of these would you use?

I'm currently building one right now that's going to try to rely solely on magic, with (hopefully) no melee at all

Currently I have the Guardian Claymore and Tek's Spectral Dirk right now, and I can get any of the enchantments, seeing how I haven't made any hard decisions yet (I'm still level 34)

Out of what you listed? The Guardian Claymore.

However, you might want to consider:

Spectral Rapier 625 Physical 11 44 +2 PA +3 Energy Preservation +2 MENTAL

Charmed Falchion 500 Physical 11 55 +5 LUCK +8 HER +2 C.INT

As for the enchantment, I wouldn't bother wasting a crystal by attaching it to a sword, since you won't be meleeing. However, if you were going to melee occasionally, perhaps the ivory skull. After all, the 'Curse' effect is the only one which you can't replicate with spells.

Right. I loaded up a savegame to determine if it was possible to satisfy both the Rebels and the Loyalists, but killing the Guardian and the Servile Infiltrator result in you failing *both* quests.

That introduces a bit of dilemma for powergamers. If you take the Rebel option, you miss out on:

- Mindwarp seal (on the servile infiltrator)

- Spectral rapier (Taygen only section of the Dera Vaults)

- Gloves of the Hammer, Golden Crystal, Impervious Band, Agent Cloak (Taygenite rewards)

If you take the Shaper option, you miss out on:

- Guardian's Claymore

- Tek's Spectral Dirk.

Now, Tek's Spectral Dirk is cack, with the Charmed Falchion superseding its defensive bonuses. So the question is: Is the Guardian's Claymore worth the Mindwarp Seal and Spectral Rapier (+4 to mental magic)?

Ugh I just realized something. I was thinking of Tek's Spectral Dirk from Geneforge 2 when I snuck into Dera Reaches at level 34 to get it. I thought it still gave +30% hostile effect resistance and other stuff -.-. Yeah I guess Spectral rapier would be better...I'm gonna have to load back from a looonnnnnggggg ways back though =\

Originally Posted By: Nefarian
Ugh I just realized something. I was thinking of Tek's Spectral Dirk from Geneforge 2 when I snuck into Dera Reaches at level 34 to get it. I thought it still gave +30% hostile effect resistance and other stuff -.-. Yeah I guess Spectral rapier would be better...I'm gonna have to load back from a looonnnnnggggg ways back though =\

Meh, just stick with the Guardian Claymore. The spectral rapier might be *slightly* more appropriate for your build, although I'm not even sure if that is the general consensus. The Mindwarp Seal is one of the better rings, but the Forbidden Band may be a little better.

Quote:

Out of curiosity, why does everyone go for the golden crystal? Does it improve magical abilities as well as melee?

List of crystal descriptions here:
http://www.ironycentral.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=169054#Post169054

It improves your melee attack by 6 levels (2 more than war blessing), which translates to +30% to hit and +18 average damage if you're using a broadsword with 1d5 damage. IMHO, the Golden Crystal is better off attached to your armour, where it grants hostile effect resistance (a MUCH more useful effect).

There are several creations which are easier to damage with physical (melee) attacks like eyebeasts/gazers. So having some melee skill is useful and the puresteel blade helps for those times. You can also conserve spell energy for easy to kill creations.

Otherwise equip Tek's Spectral Dagger or the Charmed Falchion for improved resistances.