Little help

If you mean making a Special Item cast Magic Map, no, although a regular item can. If you mean making a Special Item display a picture of a map, yes, but unfortunately it has to be reeaally small, or text-based. Classic BoE does not include the capability to display large images, unfortunately.

You call a One-Time Text Message node. It's the only one that lets you display a custom image in the corner. The map has to be very, very simple and stylized though, due to the very small size constraints. If you're doing text based, a simple Display Message node might be better, as it allows you to use line breaks by using the | character, which can be found on the same key as the backslash (on PCs at least, don't know about Mac).

Now that I think of it, One-Time Text Message might allow line breaks too. Test it and try it out, I guess.

It will be – I intend to add the ability to display 72x72 pixel images in a regular dialog node, as well as adding a node that simply displays a larger image with a title. (The former would be implemented by arranging 4 successive dialog images in two rows.)

Yes, I neglected to mention the exact dimensions because I couldn't remember what they were. I was hoping "reeaally small" and "Classic BoE does not include the capability to display large images" and "very, very simple and stylized" would have gotten the point across. I also mentioned the wrong node, as I should have said "One-Time Display Dialogue" and not "One-Time Text Message". It's been a while since I looked at the editor.