Newbie here - hidden switches question

I've just started in the Avernum series, and since it would make perfect sense to start at the beginning... I started with A5. Please be patient with me...

Those little tiny black hidden switches thingies... I've found a lot that simply do nothing. Do I have to have a certain level in something for those, or are some intentionally inactive just to mess with my head?

The easiest way to locate those hidden switches is to use the "u" key and see if a letter appears for things that you can use. This really helps in dark tunnels.

Most of the hidden switches are just dirt on the wall. A few require a minimum level of tool use (back entrance to the Goblin Warrens from near the river) and you will get a message telling you that you can't use it.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door.

Starting a series with the last game makes perfect sense. smile

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
A few require a minimum level of tool use (back entrance to the Goblin Warrens from near the river) and you will get a message telling you that you can't use it.

Uh, no, Randomizer mentioned that some switches need tool use. Maybe you missed that when you read his response.

Oh my God he is perfectionist like always. Nothing new so less surprising than before. It would be more surprising if he missed something. Though I saw him watching this topic in who is online may be he edited it without marking or may be I failed to saw his perfection just for this time.

My God he has even mentioned place. How can somebody think about nothing but Avernum and Geneforge.