Canister High[G5]

I don't understand why Jeff really played down the penalties of canister use in the final game. I always took pride in not using canisters during certain playthroughs and was always pleased to be rewarded with some nice ending text like "you resisted temptation." But the final game did nothing of the sort. I guess that makes sense since your character was already genetically broken in the beginning of the game, but still, one should have to face consequences for using those things.

Originally Posted By: Master Ackrovan
I figure it was because Jeff wanted to shift focus from self-shaping to the war.
But aren't canisters one of the reasons for the war in the first place? I suppose this fits the theme then as far as forgetting what we are fighting for in the first place. Shapers allow canister users to work for them, the drakons treat lesser creations like dirt. Everyone breaks the rules just so their own side can win. Such a tragic tale, so well thought out on Jeff's part. He captured war so perfectly in these games while at the same time juggling a new an interesting concept and having poor graphics to work with. The man is a master story teller.

Either that or, seeing as how he frequently admits he forgets a lot between games, he is just amazingly lucky.

We love these games, so anything that doesn't make complete sense draws our attention to it. We then create a logical explanation for it, whether it was intended to be that way or not. Just saying...