I've been planning on going and replaying all of my old Geneforge Games. However, I'm not sure how to patch them to the latest version. The Support page of spiderwebsoftware.com says to download it from the main page. Do I just redownload the game and delete the old one or what?

It depends on the game and your computer. Some patches were designed to fix bugs and just replace the application that you click on and not the rest of the files. GF 1 and 2 have recently been updated to run on newer computers with full versions and store saved games in different folders than the older versions. You can usually tell by the file size whether it's a full or partial change.

I recommend saving the old versions if you have space and run the new versions from a different folder.

In other words, keep the old versions around to make sure the new ones work, but keep them separate?

[Edit] Ok, so I downloaded the file for Geneforge 1.2. When I loaded it, it said unregistered. My old copy of the game, V 1.1, works fine and is registered. Is this one of the problems where I have to ask Jeff for a new registration code? (I just emailed him for new codes for 4 and 5 which I downloaded onto my laptop after registering them on my desktop.) My only problem is that I bought the first game as part of a mega-game pack thingy, and the registration is long gone...

[Edit 2] I just downloaded Geneforge 2 V 1.1 to upgrade my 1.0.1 and it works fine so far, meaning it says "registered copy."

And by the way, I'm working on a mac (with good enough system requirements to run all of the games).

Mac computer keep the registration in the Preferences files in the folder in User/Library. So check there and see if it's missing.

I just looked and my copy is listed as Unregistered too. So I guess you write Jeff with whatever information you have about your registration from your old version.