magical movement

Tarson

As I was taking my A4 party through the tunnel next to Almaria I thought of camp samuels but chose to go to the Castle instead. After beating a4 I started up a2 and found out that camp samuels is on the other side of Almaria in Avernum 1/2 then in 4. I dont think i have seen a topic on this before. Is the A1-2 right or a4?

Yeah it mysteriously moved from one side of the river to the other in between A2 and A4. laugh

I think because Almaria is closed when you first get there, Jeff needed another town for the adventurers to go to. Or maybe he just forgot where he had left it previously.

You can't really say which is right and which is wrong, because the same guy did both games.

You can't go to Camp Samuels in A5, it starts in the formerly giant controlled lands that were right beside the Abyss. In fact one of the main towns there is called New Harston (remember in A2 that Harston was one of the Empire Towns your adventurers could visit?)

Than you go up to the Northern Islands (where Aimee lived in A2) and after that section it's all new territory.

Oddly enough, while looking at the Avernum Annotated Maps I saw that Pyrog's lair was in that area in A1. I don't remember seeing it in A5, but I'll have to check. That would have been a cool addition if it's not there.

Originally Posted By: Toby-Linn
Oddly enough, while looking at the Avernum Annotated Maps I saw that Pyrog's lair was in that area in A1. I don't remember seeing it in A5, but I'll have to check. That would have been a cool addition if it's not there.
I also remember it being turned into an Empire fortress in A2. Maybe it was destroyed after the war, and if it was, I don't recall finding any ruins of it in A5.

Originally Posted By: The Mystic
I also remember it being turned into an Empire fortress in A2. Maybe it was destroyed after the war, and if it was, I don't recall finding any ruins of it in A5.

If there were any ruins those have been most likely reused to build other buildings.

I think many places have moved since 1st Avernum.

Originally Posted By: The Mystic

Just checked with an old save game of A5 and no, it's not there. There are just some twisty passages that have piles of rocks in them, so much that the passage is blocked and you can't proceed further.