MIddle shadow road[G5]

After some very frustrating sneaking around, I managed to weaken and kill the stuff there (stupid Podlings!)

But there's something odd. Every single crate, box, even the servile corpse which was said to have something around its neck, are completely empty. No items.

Did one of you guys grab everything before me? tongue

I have heard of an issue with the newer Spiderweb Software games (Avernum 4, Avernum 5, Geneforge 5) where items don't show up in boxes, cabinets, etc. In other words everything is totally empty around you.

Unfortunately, I've heard that it's a corrupted save file that's to blame, and the only fix is to go back to an earlier saved version of the game.

I'm sure if you search around you might be able to find the other posts about it.

I hope you don't mind killing the podlings again! tongue

It's definitely a corrupt save game file. You could start with the autosave file if you haven't left the zone otherwise you need an older file.

You didn't miss much in loot in that zone, but it may cause you to miss items in later zones. The only thing of vaule is the infiltrator's tunic.

• 2 weeks later...