Max Number Of Creations?[G5]

Have five creations in my group. Wanted to make a sixth; game won't let me. Says "can only have at most six different types of creations". Bug? If not, how can I get six?

Current group: cryoa, drayk, wingbolt, trall, and rotghroth.

Unrelated q: Just learned "make drakon". Drayk is L36. Worth trading in for a drakon, or should I keep it?

Thanks for all help and advice.

- Nightowl2

Well, for some reason, the game only allows you to have a few different types of creations. The total amount of creations actually is 6, but to get all of them you need to have some of the creations you have already made of the same kind. Eg.: Drake Drake Drake Clawbug Cryodrake Ornk.

For the Drakon, it is a better version of the Drake, but making it depends on how much essence you have, your shaping levels, and if you rely heavily or not on casting spells.

And, of course, on creation levels. I can't recall the base level of the drakon, but if the drayk is still pulling its weight in fights and the drakon isn't much more effective you can probably stick with the drayk and save on essence.

—Alorael, who would normally be inclined to upgrade anyway just to start building experience for a plausible end-game creation. On the other hand, he doesn't like drakons very much. Rotghroths and war tralls tend to do better.

War tralls became just plain solid physical damage-dealers and tanks in G5. They won't do exceptional damage to anything, but they'll do sufficient damage to nearly everything. The other high-tier creations are hit or miss depending on fire and magic resistance.

By the end of the game it's very much worth switching to rotdhizons. The essence cost is hefty, but they're significantly sturdier and, most importantly, they hit twice. A team of rots and tralls makes a decent late-game party and have the bonus of requiring only one type of shaping.