Is this a bug? I can't get in to see Ghaldring.[G5]

So I talked the old Drakon into letting me go back to sleep. I decided to explore a little before giving the HRIC a piece of my mind. Snuck into the lab and got the greave recipe. Snuck into the furnace closet -- I was kindly warned that it might be a trap, so I entered in combat mode. But nothing bad happened.

Nothing else happened either, as the south door won't open, and the side ducts are blocked.

Giving up the lab as too dangerous for now, I went to see the HRIC. The flunky told me to come back tomorrow, but helpfully hinted that sneaking in might be possible.

Is it through the lab? Because the furnace closet remains inert.

Now, I don't mind not joining the HRIC much because I'll probably just betray him anyway, but I also can't join Alwan, if I read the hint book right.

You can sneak through the lab, although you have to be very careful to avoid being seen.

To get through the power core, you have to go all the way in until the doors close behind you. If the door doesn't close, move further in and make sure that all your creations are next to you.

Originally Posted By: Thuryl

To get through the power core, you have to go all the way in until the doors close behind you. If the door doesn't close, move further in and make sure that all your creations are next to you.

I'm just not having any luck with that.

The door won't close.