Them serviles....

Acky

I was crusing around Therile Colony in Chapter One, where I had to deal with master Thell. I noticed his serviles are neutral. When attacking a neutral character, Allies don't turn hostile or other neutrals. When I killed a servile, I got 28 exp on level 12. Just thought I'd share this to all those who don't mind being a murderer for an extra level.

I actually used this as early as G1. You know the ornks that are the very first creations you encounter? The ones where the description says they have big tusks, but won't bother you if you leave them alone? I faced the fyoras in the next section at a level higher than I would have otherwise . . . and carrying a dozen strips of meat.

If Vempele's report is accurate, that applies to both Ornks and Serviles. The Ornks wandering around everywhere else (like the Southforge Gate) are fair game, though, and actually do provide some decent exp. at that very early stage.

Personally, I'm going with "don't kill them" because getting hunted down by 500+ hp Guards with Acid Batons for about 10 exp. doesn't appeal to me.

Originally Posted By: feo takahari
I actually used this as early as G1. You know the ornks that are the very first creations you encounter? The ones where the description says they have big tusks, but won't bother you if you leave them alone? I faced the fyoras in the next section at a level higher than I would have otherwise . . . and carrying a dozen strips of meat.

It's really embarrassing when you miss about four times in a row and end up killed by one of them, though.

Dikiyoba can't come up with a good reason for killing untended ornks but often does it anyway. The meat isn't valuable and they only offer experience for a brief period of time. Maybe the PC just can't stand the mooing?