A4- Why won't he pay me?

MikkiMouse

Hi people

I just rediscovered these games (I first played exile 3 over a decade ago...) and am now addicted to Avernum 4.

But I keep finishing quests and people don't notice! For example, the captain at Grindstone asked me to kill a certain ogre. So I did. But he doesn't seem to have noticed and so I can't get my reward!

Anyone have any ideas?

A lot of quests in A4 do not affect dialog at all, particularly Job Board quests. A little message will show up when you click on the person INSTEAD of the dialogue box, saying something like "You show Jeff the Nephil's severed head. Jeff hands you a pouch of 300 coins and a silver bracelet."

Are the quests still listed in your quest log?

For the bat bits quest, note that you need multiple bat bits and you are not guaranteed to get one per killed bat. You may need to visit the area repeatedly to get enough.

Thanks. I'll try that.

I think some of my problems may come from doing the quest before people ask me to.

And I've decided that so long as all the main quest things work I may as well just carry on with enjoying the game. I can always replay it if I really want to.

Thanks people for your suggestions. I'm off to kill some undead