armor and whatnot

JR

I cannnot make sense of + or - % to hit chance on the armor items i.e. radiant gauntlets ad hoc +5. On the items list, so kindly posted by Slartucker, refers to this number as the Fnch.

Before I consider Hawk King's editor, is it for editing the charactor's stats and items?

Is the Blades of Avernum scene editor tool with the game and do I need to use scripts. As an amateur editor I only build stories and landscapes with given tools.

I am building an above and warren based design for a game that is versatile, it was great when I used it on AoW:SM editor but did not run.

:p

Wow, you could try to flow this a little better.

The +/- % to hit chance does what it says. When you put on bulky armor, you have less of a chance to hit. This is a balance thing that the player must offset with dexterity to get the good armor.

As far as the BoA Editor, it comes with the demo, but you cannot actually run the scenarios you make until you buy the game. Strictly speaking, you do not need to script to write a scenario. However, to write a scenario of any decent quality, you will need to be able to use at least some of the basic scripting features.