Slaying Undead - What to do when Buffy's not around

Randomizer

For those starting the game and those who just use Repel Spirit to slay undead there are a few other options.

Hrako and company are found in the tunnels south of Fort Monastary. You need Tool Use 8 to unlock the door. Stand in the doorway a slay the skeletons with normal weapons or Bolt of Fire. Just like in the martial arts movies, they come to the door one at a time. The zombies take more damage, usually two bolts. Hrako is the only one that really needs repel spirit. Bring a Fiery Wand along if you need extra fire power.

The shade in the first testing place takes damage from Acid Spray. Two doses goes along way to helping you pass.

Under Grindstone, there are three types of shades. I think it was the Decaying Wisp that takes more damage from Acid Spray than Repel Spirit. Repel Spirit and/or Bolt of Fire work for the other two. The Crystal Shade has higher health so go upstairs to recharge or save points to nail him.

The Haunted Mines have the most undead for the start. A combine spellcraft and magery of 3 boosts damage so Bolt of Fire takes out skeletons most of the time. Add Blessing and you have a good chance with zombies. Ghouls take two bolts or one repel spirit. Use tab to check undead types because there are a few specials in the mines with higher healths.

Hrickris's undead have more health than the mines. Repel Spirit or two bolts are needed. Don't get swarmed on the upper level.

The testing cirlce east of Formello isn't that hard if you are blessed and hasted. Except for one shade at the end two bolt or one repel spirit will kill each one.

The ruined fort of Lord Bragg has an undead room. The crumbling skeletons take two bolts or one Repel Spirit.

The Mertis Spiral is where Bolt of Fire really works. It does about 90% of the damage that Repel Spirit does at lower spell point cost. The only undead that takes more damage from Repel Spirit is the the one at the center of the lower level.

This should help you with them.

Or, you could just use Repel Spirit... I find it hard to imagine a party without priests succeeding in A4. There just aren't enough potions (and besides, who really uses healing potions?).

Why was this topic necessary, Randomizer? I'd think that people could figure out how to crumble a skeleton on their own. Most of A4's challenge is figuring out the combat tricks... this thread kind of spoils it.

While most people should, there seem to be enough that will have trouble. Just using repel spirit burns through spell points very quickly when you don't have to do it. I spend enough time running back to town to recharge and first aid works best when you buff your party and then refrain from major spellcasting until a few battles recharges the spellcasters.

Personally, I find casting repel spirit on undead more satisfactory than bolt of fire or acid spray, regardless of efficency. I mean, I'm casting bolt of fire and spray acid on nephilim, on goblins, on bats, on rats, and on giant lizards (Clearly, I'm not too far into the demo). I want to use repel spirit on the undead.

Dikiyoba.