Fighting Rentar in BF - quick question

Reve

Just peeking at the walkthrough it says that you can fight or not fight Rentar in the first instance in the Basalt Fortress, and again fight or not fight her at the end.

It also says that if you fight her in BF she drops some items laugh so...

My quick question is, if I fight her in BF, can I still see both endings? Or does that prevent me from trying the peaceful ending option?

You have no choice about fighting Rentar-Ihrno at any point, but you get different choices in dialogue before the fight under the Basalt Fortress and again after the second fight. If you choose the more peaceful and less confrontational options you can get a different ending.

—Alorael, who would be upset if the culminating fights in a game of fights were avoidable. A4 is not about diplomatic solutions! It's about extreme violence!

I had the same question, sometimes the walkthrough is not *that especific*.

I saved before talking to Rentar and tried what I though was the diplomatic way...

SPOILER:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

And it was something like "can't we find a solution for this without fighting?" and although Rentar "is silent for a moment" she goes on saying I must be destroyed, then I reloaded and tried the "aggressive" option and we fought anyway. I haven't finished the game yet so I bet I'll see the consequences of my aggressive attitude ;-)

Quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:
Well, it's not really a "better" ending unless you particularly want Rentar to survive.
You cold-blooded opponent of vahnatai life. smile

Nah, I still think the ending is better if Rentar survives. Remember what Ghall-Ihrno said? That the vahnatai were going to heal her and all that? It's better than killing her, isn't it?

Call me crazy, but I hope Rentar's survival is part of the canonical plot moved forward to A5. She's done with her lead roles and that's a good thing, but she's also a good enough character that seeing her post-vengeful conquest would be nice.

—Alorael, who can imagine her babysitting all the young little septuagenarian vahnatai and teaching them lessons like how to read and write and how to wield terrible destructive forces against the evil humans. She'd be so cute!