I tried several searches on the Avernum4 forum, but couldn't find anything covering this. Is it possible to store items in a container indefinitely? I'm getting a little tired of lugging around fine steel and leather and whatnot because I know I'll probably need it given the hints/tips that showed up in the game. Can I just put them in an out of the way barrel and expect them to stay put, or do the containers get reset?

You can use any container, but it doesn't even have to be in something. As you may have noticed from walking through areas that you've already been through and killed many things in, stuff left on the ground tends to stick around forever too.

—Alorael, who used assorted boxes and shelves in Fort Monastery depending on what he was storing and how likely he thought he was to want to find it again.

Quote:
Originally written by Darkbridger:
I've never seen a "useable" shelf in Fort Monastery. I thought those were all decorative... they aren't clickable.
I meant the usable cabinets. The shelves are just there to look pretty.

—Alorael, who mostly used the ones in the barracks near the pylon. He occasionally stole the javelins and ended up in trouble.