A4 - Sudden Big Leap in Difficulty *post-Honeycomb spoiler*

Aldin

Thanks, Wonko.

Note that you don't have to spring Rentar's trap immediately. You can have a nice jaunt through the Great Cave before tackling pylon nightmares.

—Alorael, who also recommends planning. Killing everything at random is difficult. Killing things in specific orders and in specific ways is much easier. In particular, your range is longer than pylons', and preventing fear makes everything much easier. Just make sure not to let those wyrms get out of control.

Acid spray the pylons a few times and retreat to deal with the monsters. Area effect spells like icy rain and lightning spray speed up the killing process with the monsters. It takes a few energy potions to finish the trap, but you can fight your way out without killing the vahnatai and pylons on the way in to the trap.

Hmmm, I just might reload to kill the pylons on the way in, but probably won't - especially knowing that their range is less than mine, which is a nifty fact I wish I'd tumbled to much earlier. Thanks for the support and advice!

~Aldin, who noted in an earlier thread that he has been doing the Alorael sig thing since previous incarnations on other boards and likes Alorael partly because he does it too