Scooping Items

Scott

There aren't any drops around bodies/after combat*.  There should be a chest/box/something you can click on nearby.  That's the only way to find loot in QW.  You'll have to make your gold by building up your forts rather than pawning slightly used weapons/armor (for the most part).  The typical Spiderweb Adventurer 'steal everything that's not nailed down' while in town is always an option too...

*on occasional outdoor encounters, after combat you'll get a popup that you got a few gold pieces from them

Some enemy fighters will drop gold when you kill them and it flashes briefly on the screen when it happens. 

O'Niell's Manse has an archer dropping  a necklace that automatically converts to money with a message as it happens.

One outdoor nest in the Utak has a ring appearing in inventory when you get near it.

Once you build an Alchemy shop in Fort Haven your potion will work fine. It will refill anytime you enter a fort or rest.

The only way to empty your inventory is to transfer items one by one to a container like the chest in your Fort Haven bedroom or sell them in a shop that buys items.

Another probably excessively stupid question: how do you cancel actions? If I start an action, but decide not to complete it, so far I haven't found a way to get out of it. The "escape" key doesn't work for that. Often there's only a green check mark at the bottom right, but no red cancel square. Help? Thanks!

Can you give an example of an 'action' that you're talking about?  Thinking about what I may have wanted to change, the escape key usually worked.

If you're talking about building buildings, I'm pretty sure that once you buy the shop, those resources are gone (startup costs).  You don't have to build the shop/can remove it, but you can't unbuy the initial costs

Edited by TriRodent
Edit: Also selling items, I don't think you can buy them back (most places) once they're sold (not near my laptop to check)

1 minute ago, Californian said:

Choosing a ranged spell, then realizing that I wasn't close enough to the enemies for it to be at all effective. No way to cancel it that I can find, so far. Thanks!

Escape should cancel the action and sometimes typing "a" if you don't have letters appearing over the possible foes as targets.

• 3 years later...