Okavano Cheese

Hi, here's a way to pass Okavano Sea Caves that doesn't require combat at all if you have enough leadership (9)

All you need is initiative over foes, here I'm using 5 dex and 15 quick action but those are probably overkill, I needed them at such high level to get initiative on Gorash-Kel to get out from a bad quick-save in front of an Unbound.

At some point in the video i needed to quick-load due to mismicro'ed path-finding on my part.

I didn't bother looting the items in the blue jar next to the ghost Shaper for the video, but it easily doable since he has very low detection radius, you just have to wait for him to walk away.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6v98e2

Thanks to Jeff and everyone who helped crafting this amazing game.

Edited by freedatlas

Mass energize gives Speed, but in G4-5 ( I don't remember for G3) it doesn't increase your max AP anymore.

You are right about experience and items, you lose Spectral boots (5% armor, 5% energy res., 5% acid res., 5% energy res. of creations, 5% acid res. of creations).

But, remember that you can do this as soon as you get to Mera which is right after the Presence events, which is very early game, so for me it's a small trade-off, considering you get one of the most powerful charm : +2 int +2dex (-2 vit...), and a solidified flame that allows you to make +3 mental +3 battle +3 blessing gauntlet almost at the start of the game lol

In all Geneforge games except for Geneforge 5, speed gives you 50% more action points.

In Geneforge 5, the only way to get extra AP is by having an artifact to increase your AP. Unfortunately, however, the system in Geneforge 5 is complete garbage, and you only have a chance to actually get your bonus AP from items each turn.

1 hour ago, TheKian said:

In all Geneforge games except for Geneforge 5, speed gives you 50% more action points.

In Geneforge 5, the only way to get extra AP is by having an artifact to increase your AP. Unfortunately, however, the system in Geneforge 5 is complete garbage, and you only have a chance to actually get your bonus AP from items each turn.

It affects everyone though; as a Shaper I found GF5 speed to my liking and was casting it often. It is certainly not garbage.

2 minutes ago, alhoon said:

It affects everyone though; as a Shaper I found GF5 speed to my liking and was casting it often. It is certainly not garbage.

A. The 'system' to which I was referring was the bonus AP from items system.

B. Speed in Geneforge 5 was calculated to give, I believe, something along the lines of a 30% damage bonus. Geneforge 1-4 speed basically doubled your damage, and also let you move farther, which was important for combat stealth.

C. Mass energize, which is a relatively lower level blessing magic spell, gives speed to everyone in the party in addition to war blessing and regeneration, which is less essence-intensive than getting all those buffs in Geneforge 5. It's not a late-game spell, either, and you'll almost definitely have it for chapters 3-5 (in Geneforge 4).

5 hours ago, TheKian said:

A. The 'system' to which I was referring was the bonus AP from items system.

B. Speed in Geneforge 5 was calculated to give, I believe, something along the lines of a 30% damage bonus. Geneforge 1-4 speed basically doubled your damage, and also let you move farther, which was important for combat stealth.

C. Mass energize, which is a relatively lower level blessing magic spell, gives speed to everyone in the party in addition to war blessing and regeneration, which is less essence-intensive than getting all those buffs in Geneforge 5. It's not a late-game spell, either, and you'll almost definitely have it for chapters 3-5 (in Geneforge 4).

For a Shaper I think speed GF5 is very good. I had 2 or so creation getting an extra attack each turn with a single casting. :)

Mass energize is very powerful in GF3-4.