• Announcements

• Una Corda and Truth

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Sign in to follow this  
Chessrook44

Let's Play Avernum 4!

With the first Avernum trilogy completed, we move on to the second, with a new engine, a new story, and a new party! Those of you who want to catch up and watch my other LPs can see them here, here, and here.

And now, let us begin!

For once it is. I'll have to find time to improve it.

OK enough messing about outside, let's head into the goblin lair to deal with them.

With the Fort Monastery regions explored we move onwards to investigate what exactly is keeping news from getting through.

Spukrian   

I'm along for the ride, as I've finished the Second Trilogy (just finished Avernum 6 today in fact). I will be following you to be sure.

Fort Draco, changed a bit from the old days, and with ominous warnings of what is happening in the rest of Avernum.

And after killing goblins and slaying Nephilim bandits, we valiantly go out to kill.....worms. I feel like this is a bit of a step backwards here...

If you were helping yourself to everything that was not nailed down, people in every town you passed through would figure that their property was missing thanks to you. You would soon be Wanted all over Avernum.

If you were helping yourself to everything that was not nailed down, people in every town you passed through would figure that their property was missing thanks to you. You would soon be Wanted all over Avernum.

Naaaah. It's a standard adventurer practice. As long as they don't see me they can't figure it out.

Either way, a short episode here as we check out the path between Fort Draco and Formello.

With all the bandits dealt with it's time to head south again, first to take a look at Fort Avernum, and try to see what secrets are held within.

A two part episode as we return to Cotra, slowly being rebuilt. It would've been one part if the ending took five minutes like I thought...

[media]

[/media]

[media]

[/media]

Lousy bandits and chitrach everywhere... so much killing we must be doing!

I do hope you guys are enjoying, at least somewhat. Seems to have been less comments this series than previous ones.

Avernum games have no provision for recording barriers that you can't yet bring down. I use the journal to indirectly record the barriers that we can't break down. In my Journal I record a piece of dialog from a nearby person or a message from a nearby placed special.

When the Mage's skill in Dispel Barrier increases, I use the Journal to tell me where there are barriers that might now be vulnerable to this spell.

Ditto rocks that can be removed by the Move Mountains spell.

Edited by Ishad Nha

This game has the worst version of the honeycomb. Two levels and all outdoors with pathways leading out of sight in all directions, it's quite confusing.

Not only that, there's also the whole thing about being unable to attack single enemies without entering combat that I loved from the first trilogy. Turns it into a slog.

Into the deepest parts of the Honeycomb we go... we're finally about done.

We take a peek to the east of Mertis, and then start our delve into the Spiral to clear it of undead. Again.

At last we reach the Tower Colony, former home of the Tower of Mages. Let's see how they're going to blow it up this time...

A quick peek around the regions around the Colony, followed by a storming of the front gates of the Ogres' Lair.