A2: hidden switch visibility mod

I feel like the switch locations were for the most part very predictable in Avernum 2, moreso than in any other Avernum or Avadon game I've played. A lot of them stand out, and the ones that don't, you can almost guess there's going to be a switch and then sure enough, there it is.

That said, if you are having trouble seeing them for one reason or another, I can imagine that hitting "U" every few steps would get tedious. I think it was Jerakeen who worked out how to make the switches more readily seen in Avadon 1. It also worked in Avadon 2 because I remember trying it in that game and sure enough. So there's a chance it could work in Avernum 2 as well. Here's that post, maybe it will work for you: http://spiderwebforums.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/14836-a-cheat-to-make-secret-switches-more-visible/page__hl__switches

I believe that Jerakeen's concept would work just as well in A:EFTP & A:CS, but the trick would be to choose the right graphics. I don't remember if A:CS has the puff of smoke graphic that Avadon has and I do not know if the switch is the same graphic number in both games.

In A:CS it's object number 217 in a2objsmisc.txt (218 also, but you only need to change the first one).

I can't be bothered hunting for the various graphic effects, but if you add this line to the definition:

ob_graphic_coloradj = 64;

the colors will be inverted, resulting in a very obvious shiny button.

Honestly though, if 'u' was a thing in Avadon, I would never have bothered with the secret switch mod.