Disappointed with the ending. (Spoilers)

Level 1 Hermit

I can't believe it. I got so hyped with the ending of Avadon 2 when Redbeard decided to head to Fort Foresight HIMSELF. I thought he would fight Dheless's army, but he didn't even lift a finger to fight the Tawon force. I was so ready to aid him and my fellow Avadon defenders. He just... left his men to die. Also, I wouldn't have mind a defense at the Black Fortress either but it was left to text. :(

The biggest fight I had was the one at Kostina's fort. I really hope there are more big fights in Avadon 3. ;)

I think one of the problems of big fights is the lag? Or something to do with the programming where the AI can't handle that much. Not really sure. :huh:

But all in all, I loved completing the quests and achieving medals. Avadon 2 was great and I can't wait for the next part of this series~! :)

I really enjoy the huge fights involving groups of allies and enemies, but most Spiderweb games don't end that way. Avernum 6 is the only one that comes to mind. Otherwise, you're either fighting a single enemy (Redbeard) or a group of enemies with a boss (Hawthorne).

There are some mid-game fights of that nature (Konstina in Avadon 2, Ornotha Ziggurat in Avernum 2, Solberg in Avernum 6), so it's not a technical problem. It's just a design choice.

I felt it fit in with Redbeard's characterization in Av2 (overmatched, tired, a little pathetic), though I can see how one wouldn't be a big fan of said characterization. As for big set pieces, I have to say I'm not that fond. I like them in theory, I certainly think they can be cool story events, but I find in turn-based games they make everything really slow. You have to wait two minutes for your party to take a turn, and if you get a game over part way through the fight, you lose a quarter hour of progress.

Yes I am trying to play all possible endings so I will be trying to kill Redbeard, but my gripe was that he didn't do anything the entire game except give me quests and "attack" Chabon. I just wanted to see the 4k hitpoint op leader mow over the Tawon infiltrators you know? :D

Hopefully there's some difference to the story when I go rebel... B)