A new scenario, custom art question.

Torin0017

I have a decent amount of spare time recently (taking one class this summer), so I've been working on a BoE scenario for my personal amusement lately. The setting will be based on the Redwall series by Brian Jaques, but won't be following any specific tale he's come up with so far.

I'm looking for some decent graphics for the scenario, so I don't have to make them myself(I cannot draw anything more advanced then a stick figure, so I'd be resizing hueg internet pictures). Understandably, 28x36pixel sized pictures of rats standing on their hind legs wielding swords are relatively hard to find.

So before I go any further on creature graphics, I was wondering if anyone had some good sites for 8/16/32/whatever bit graphics for my scenario? Mainly I just need rats, mice, water voles, squirrels, otters, wildcats, badgers, hares, stoats, ferrets, weasels, shrews, hedgehogs and so forth holding various weapons. Can't be too hard to find...right?

What I've done so far (does that look like a mouse or squirrel to you?) -

Redwall2.jpg

That image looks fairly good to me (and looks more like a squirrel, as I think it's intended to), with the caveats that the pale colors around the edges of the tail fur cause problems, and without any sort of outline the image sort of disappears into the background on floors like that.

A year or two ago someone in the community here (Jewels?) made a Redwall scenario, so there may already exist graphics well suited to your purpose.

Fantastic, those wall graphics will save me a LOT of time. I think I'll still go with my floor (basically just a rehued stone floor pictured above).

Do you think having vastly different graphic sets for different animals would detract from the scenario? For example if I used a bunch like the one above, and then a bunch from the ones linked by Celtic.

And yes, it is a squirrel. Made it by resizing a huge image and cutting off un-needed parts.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't even have all my Redwall graphics up there... Sloppy work, wot?

Don't know what I did with Asmodeus... Don't even remember why I took him down. He was one of my favorite monster edits. Made him from the Naga.

The complete wall set.

The complete floor set.

Constance.

Scroll down to find a more comprehensive list of my monsters. Or at least the ones that I used in my scenario.

You might just want to download my scenario for the custom graphics sheet. In case I missed any.

The only problem I see with your graphic is that it blends in with the floor. Some of mine do, too, though so it's just hard to work against a red floor.