Exile2: graymold salve location?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic
kuniqs kuniqs

Citizen

• Member ID: 18,504
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:20 PM #1 Exile2: graymold salve location?

I know some free-form graymold salve is avaliable in Avernum 2, but I did not play Exile 2 and have found no walkthroughts online that pinpoint it's location. Where (if) can I find some graymold salve, so I wouldn't have to waste point on alchemy?

kuniqs kuniqs

Citizen

• Member ID: 18,504
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:45 AM #2 Exile2: graymold salve location?

After playing through the game I can confirm there's none. I couldn't even find one in random drops and random shops despite having 20 luck.

Earth Empires Earth Empires

Heart of Avadon

• Member ID: 4,661
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:45 PM #3 Exile2: graymold salve location?

Spending points on alchemy isn't totally wasted since can make health and mana potions and also make potions for sell if needs money and also if wants to resurrect fallen member then needs resurrection balms.

Randomizer Randomizer

Tormented Battle Mage

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 4,341
  • 15,889 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:04 PM #4 Exile2: graymold salve location?

When you get to Exile 3 with weight limitations, it becomes easier to buy ingredients and make your own potions to use inside a long dungeon trek.  You can use them up and replace their weight with loot.

Exile 2 with slot limitations has one carrying the ingredients and then make and distribute after a fight.
"I don't know how we can ever repay you!" - Rescued damsel in distress
"Oh, I'm sure we can think of something .... How much gold do you have?" - "Hero"

"We're all screwed if Cthulhu shows up. Try to enjoy life in the meantime." - Adam Rawnsley

Pliant Giant Pliant Giant

The Demon of Good Taste

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 223
  • 13,732 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:04 PM #5 Exile2: graymold salve location?

There are easier ways to do all of those things.  Kuniqs is right, alchemy is not useful in E2.
"I, for one, prefer to believe that the forums are dead and that Lilith, Slarty, and I are all ghosts haunting the forum." -- Triumph

"I think we all have days where we feel like a Displacer Iguana." -- Slarty

Thaluikhain Thaluikhain

Shaman

• Member ID: 6,345
  • 302 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:52 AM #6 Exile2: graymold salve location?

View PostRandomizer, on 06 September 2016 - 04:04 PM, said:

When you get to Exile 3 with weight limitations, it becomes easier to buy ingredients and make your own potions to use inside a long dungeon trek.  You can use them up and replace their weight with loot.

Hey?  Do you mean easier than having pre-made potions and using those?

ĐªгŦĦ Єяŋϊε דארת ערני ĐªгŦĦ Єяŋϊε דארת ערני

Hand of Avadon

• Member ID: 2,577
  • 1,120 posts
  • Locationstuck on my Möbius staircase

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:28 AM #7 Exile2: graymold salve location?

I always had the editor open.
I would save the game, minimize the screen and use the editor to heal everyone and recharge magic energy.
Then I would switch back to the game and reload at full health and energy, in the exact same spot.
For some reason or another, I never considered this cheating.
Even on win 98 this worked.
Behold! The Drizzle......of DEATH!!!!!! . . . . . . .-visual effect of using powerful spells in Avadon 2 (they're a bit of a letdown compared to their damage)

When they eventually find a piece of ash that they think was you, they bury it with great honor........ -A2CS ending script from portal explosion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users