Tower of Sixtus

Where is he? I killed everything there, then I had two answering options to the Statue question about who sent me here, the "Uhm ehm" and the "Tell me where he is or else" since I have not yet a quest to be here. Then the statue got angry and I had to kill it. Sooooo, what now? Who can give me this quest and above all: the Statue being dead who will tell me where Sixtus is?

Something else: in the Trapped Halls I can't find the levers sequence to open the gates.... there are no hints as far as I can see.

If you hadn't killed the statue, it would have led you to information on how to get into the Trapped Halls, which is where Sixus is.

But what's done is done, so I'll tell you the combination instead. Starting from the leftmost lever and moving right, the levers need to be pointing up, up, down, up, up and down.

Thank you Lilith. I know Avernum is made of hints, and, simply to point it out: I knew the Statue had the answer, so I first chose "uhm ehm", that is one of the two options. No hints from the statue. Then I had no choice left that the second dialog option. Then the dialog box closed and the statue attacked me. What different behaviour was possible?

• 4 months later...

The combination of the levers is shown on the map...

I would like to note that when the Slith statues wanted food and I had to leave and row my little boat back to Silvar to GET food because I don't carry items to heal 5 whole hit points, I almost quit the game right then and then. Back to Silvar and back to the castle took like 5 minutes in real time, but the game just crossed a line for me there, from "huge, labrynthine and entertaining" over to eye-rollingly tedious.