Have I messed up my skill points in AV6?

carpii

Just started playing AV6 on iPad, after completing Escape from the Pit.

Right off the bat, you find dozens of locked doors and chests that cant be opened, so I was putting some skill points into Tool Use, in the hope of getting some nice loot early on.

But I spread my tool use across all 4 characters, and Ive since learnt that in AV6 its just the highest character that counts (and not the party total like Escape).

Wondering if this is a minor setback, or whether I should just restart with new character?

Im a few hours in, and my 4 chars have been boosted to 2, 3, 4 and 4 tool use respectively.

If it's only a few skill points, it's not a huge deal. I did a playthrough of about a third or so of Avernum 6 without spending a single skill point on anything, and I finished the game without having used a ton of Knowledge Brews and the like (which grant skill points). I was playing on Hard and didn't struggle too much, though I had to choose my quest sequencing a little carefully (do the things you can, come back for the things you can't do now).

My point is that you can lose some skill points here and there and probably make it through okay. But starting over is certainly an option if you're not that far into it.

If it's only a few skill points, it's not a huge deal. I did a playthrough of about a third or so of Avernum 6 without spending a single skill point on anything, and I finished the game without having used a ton of Knowledge Brews and the like (which grant skill points). I was playing on Hard and didn't struggle too much, though I had to choose my quest sequencing a little carefully (do the things you can, come back for the things you can't do now).

My point is that you can lose some skill points here and there and probably make it through okay. But starting over is certainly an option if you're not that far into it.

What was your party build? And what did you do with all those skill points when you needed to starting using them?

The description is in this thread. It wasn't much of a party build, given that I didn't, you know, use skill points. :p

But it was two sliths, both of whom were supposed to have Divinely Touched and Elite Warrior (though by accident only one did), and two nephils, one of whom had Divinely Touched and Pure Spirit and the other of whom had Divinely Touched and Natural Mage.