LordPutidus Lord Putidus

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic
Rubytron Rubytron

Citizen

• Member ID: 7,096
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:54 PM #1 What happened to my magic?!

I recently started playing Blades again and I started the Lord Putidus scenario. It resets your stats at the start and for some reason it took my mage/priest spells away too and then it straight up crashed at (I assume) what would have been the end. I took my party out of the scenario and into another and I still have no magic even after I went into the character editor and put my levels back up. This is most perplexing. Are my characters boned?
Thanks!
"Monster? We're British, you know!"

sylae sylae

Wisebottom

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 5,482
  • 3,321 posts
  • LocationToledo, Ohio, United States

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:08 PM #2 What happened to my magic?!

I can't remember atm if BoA gives you spells once you get the levels, or if you have to buy them seperately like in BoE.

I believe it's exactly like in BoE, though, so in that case I'd just take a quick romp through the HLPM to get them back

Rubytron Rubytron

Citizen

• 11 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:25 PM #3 What happened to my magic?!

Oh my God I'm such an idiot, I put the levels back up but didn't "re-purchase" the spells. Thanks!

Kelandon Kelandon

!!!

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 2,682
  • 9,786 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:05 PM #4 What happened to my magic?!

Crashed? I've not received reports of crashing at the end of LP. Do you have any further details as to what happened (when, at least)?

(Though this presumably is of no consequence to you at this point: LP doesn't "reset" your stats at the start of the scenario. It transfers certain skills into others, since there's no magic in the scenario, but other skills are made more useful than they normally are. It then restores them at the end of the scenario. It appears the restore was prevented by some kind of crash.)
VCH: I believe we settled this way back when: Kelandon was the most attractive.
SoT: You'd be happy, too, if you were such a clever spider.
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!

Rubytron Rubytron

Citizen

• 11 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:11 PM #5 What happened to my magic?!

It happened as I struck the last blow on Putidus and the roof was falling in. It came up with something like "Unhandled exception occurred 0000000000000". Its been sat in my hard drive for a while, it may be that I didn't transfer it properly in the first place. Another non Spidweb made scenario didn't load the dialogue script for a particular town so something's not right somewhere.

Kelandon Kelandon

!!!

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 2,682
  • 9,786 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:54 PM #6 What happened to my magic?!

Er, you struck a blow on Putidus and the roof was falling in? I think that's a losing ending, which means that the thing that caused the Unhandled Exception was a kill_char() call that was supposed to kill the entire party. That's odd. It's not obvious to me why that led to an Unhandled Exception.

BoA's bugs are weird.
VCH: I believe we settled this way back when: Kelandon was the most attractive.
SoT: You'd be happy, too, if you were such a clever spider.
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!

Rubytron Rubytron

Citizen

• 11 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:37 AM #7 What happened to my magic?!

A losing ending? Me? Lose? That's umpossible! Its just a bit of a weird one I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users