Geneforge 3 Ending (Spoilers?)

I am confused after playing G4 all the way through (pro Shaper of course). Throughout the game I was picking up references to G3, and how that game played out according to Jeff's own storyline.

Greta talks about Alwan, herself, and a third member traveling the Ashen Isles together. She mentions that se had to leave the group however, because she did not agree with the path they were following. This suggests a pro-Shaper ending for G3.

But the Ashen Isles have been conquered by the rebels, so a pro-Shaper ending doesn't seem to fit right. I could pull up a few more examples if I need to, but I think you get the idea.

I just want to know what happened at the end of G3, because no ending I have seen fits what I have heard in G4.

I have played through every single Geneforge game. With the exception of G4, I have seen every ending. But that is where my question comes from, because no ending I saw in G3 fits the story in G4. I am wondering where Jeff was getting his ending from.

Come to think about it, I don't believe I have played through a game just killing everyone in my path. I wonder if that's even possible in G3.

i think they took the rebel shaper ending it doesnt say about the canister part but from alwans notes and talking to greta ive concluded that shaper *insert name here* started out following the shapers but his downfall to the rebels started when he picked up greta to help that he made a lot of discoveries with enchantments and died/disappeared

Quote:
Originally written by Sarasaphilia:
Rebel ending-no canisters: You die.
Shaper-no canisters: You become a General.
What? In the rebel ending, you become a general and lead a troop in the rebellion. Meanwhile the war goes on and no one really wins. The rebel/shaper endings are basically the same, but with the PC on the other side.