Weapon types?..

Voorok

A short sword does a bonus 1-4 points of damage for every level of Strength and Melee Weapons. A broadsword does a bonus 1-5 points of damage for every level of Strength and Melee Weapons. That's the only real difference between them. Later you'll find other special weapons like the Oozing Blade, which are also mostly self-explanatory.

Vampiric touch gives you some health whenever you hit an enemy. I'm not really sure how useful it is because I spend my time using non-melee weapons, but it's nice.

—Alorael, who recommends not getting hurt so you don't need to start sucking the life out of your foes.

Vampiric touch gives you a chance of draining health from your enemy, I think equal to the total vampiric touch of your items. This chance happens on any attack. Even non-lethal spells like essence shackles will trigger the message that you drained them.

In playing with a thirsting knife, the gloves and greaves that have it I found that I wasn't getting back enough to make it a useful way to play. There are plenty of better items for a lifecrafter.

Quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:
Even non-lethal spells like essence shackles will trigger the message that you drained them.
On a related note, wearing vampiric touch gear while attacking or casting a spell on an undead creature seems to damage you instead of healing you. Fortunately, there are so few undead in the game that this isn't *usually* a problem.

The Stunning Blade doesn't have a better chance of stunning. It *actually* adds several levels of stunning directly. This is significant because unlike G1-3, where every attack had a good chance of stunning if it did a lot of damage, stunning is rare.

Quote:
Originally written by Hashi the Drug-Sniffing Canine:
The Stunning Blade doesn't have a better chance of stunning. It *actually* adds several levels of stunning directly. This is significant because unlike G1-3, where every attack had a good chance of stunning if it did a lot of damage, stunning is rare.
Is it just me or do Shock Tralls do the same thing? I know that my servile was getting the hell stunned out of him against Khyryk once he started making Shock Tralls.