Ghaldring won't give me any tasks (spoiler)[G5]

Hecate

It's my own fault. I accidentally overwrote my save file on entering Ghazaki-Uss.

So, I chose not to fight the midnight challenger by going "yeah, whatevs, u r teh gratest now let me sleep". Diplomacy & leadership are good things, right? Wrong choice! Ghaldring now despises me as some kind of useless wuss. So after I eventually worked out that this was a bad thing, I went back and ARGH, I am so stupid, I'd saved something else over it. (Note to self: "tmp" is too generic a save file name.)

Umm, can I cheat this one? Or persuade him in some other way?

Originally Posted By: Ohtar
You can talk your way past, yes, if you have high enough leadership. That involves mind games. Just saying "Yeah, drakons are better than humans. Whatever." means that Ghaldring hates you, no?

Oh, yeah, I didn't do that. That would probably be a mistake if you wanted to join Ghaldring.

If you want I can check the scripts and see what flag is set so that I can give you a cheat code to reset it and let you join.

Just so you know, it helps not to do that until you have:

1. Established yourself firmly in the community.

2. Provided some easy way for others to identify your posts despite the new displayed name.

3. Reassured yourself that name changes will not be irritating.

—Alorael, who can proudly say that's he's got two out of three down pat.

That kind of name change is easy enough to follow. Just so you know, though, you've permanently established your moniker to be "Uber" now.

—Alorael, who grants you permission to strive not to become Ubie. He makes no guarantees about any safety from such terms of endearment.