Quick Action[G5]

Slariton

...has been totally un-nerfed.

Some quick tests suggest that 10 Quick Action once again provides about a 50% activation rate. Even better... 20 Quick Action appears to provide a 100% activation rate! I am not quite sure about this, but I have yet to not get a second strike with 20 QA. (Note that you never get a second strike if the first hit kills the enemy. Obviously, I'm not counting that.)

Actually, I think the 10-cap just doesn't exist anymore, for any skills. Can anyone confirm this for Luck, Dex, or Parry?

*does a little dance*

This makes melee a viable attack type again for singleton PCs. Huzzah!

*goes off to start a melee servile*

I just checked, and there is no 10-cap for Parry. This means that you can get a 60% Parry rate, if you really want to. This is actually higher than G4's max rate of 54%, although it doesn't catch up until you get to 24 points ^_^

Does Parry have *any* chance of blocking missile-type attacks (physical or magical)?

Originally Posted By: Slarty
Does Parry have *any* chance of blocking missile-type attacks (physical or magical)?

Yes. It's apparently 1% per level of Parry, which is just often enough to be annoying when it happens to you against an enemy but isn't often enough to be strategically useful.

I never got above 20 parry skill with items. Too many scripted area effects that get past parry and missle parry is half melee parry.

Parry becomes less useful after the middle game.

Melee fighter is great because the swords give great damage. Since area effect spells trigger everyone coming after you, a character without lots of health and armor will eventually get swarmed and die. An area effect agent destroys the opponents faster compared to one by one for a fighter.