A3: Where In the World Is Commander Johnson?

Playing the A3 demo. Trying to return to Commander Johnson to complete a quest. Where the heck is he? I talked to him, got the quest, and have now been walking around Fort Emergence for an hour trying to find him again. According to the walkthrus and maps I found, he is allegedly in the mess hall on the West side of the fort. But everyone in there seems to be a guard. Is he hiding under a table?

Well, I tried closing all the doors and standing in the mess hall hitting Wait over and over. There are three guys in there. One always sits at a table, and the others walk around and sometimes sit. All three of them are just guards -- when I try to talk to them, I get the "you make small talk, etc." message.

I also tried standing out in the hallway with all the doors closed and Waiting to see who walked by, but it was just more guards. No Captain Johnson.

Am I in the right room? This is a big room south of Anaximander's office, with the little kitchen attached where the chef calls you "poor dear" and gives you bread.

Or could this be some really weird bug? Would it help to reinstall?

FIVE MINUTES LATER

OMG I am such a putz! I was in the wrong mess hall! I was actually about as far away from the correct room as one can get and still be in the fort.