A5: Game starts to black screen

jennifer

Re: Avernum 5

I have just downloaded the game for the third time and am still having the following problem.

After accepting the licensing agreement and choosing a resolution (it doesn't seem to matter which I choose) the start screen shows up black. I can hear the music and sounds as I move the invisible cursor around but that's it..

I've been looking through the forums and not found anything similar. I am running OX 10.4.11 on a PowerBook with the PowerPC CPU and have the required resolution.. so I don't think it's the Leopard/graphics thing I did read about.

Any thoughts???

Thanks,

Jennifer

Well, people sometimes get a black screen when they buy the demo and somehow go beyond the area where the demo ends . . . Not that that necessarily has anything to do with anything, but the way these topics are set up means that if nobody responds to something, it's harder to notice that a new topic was even added and people tend to ignore it (and I have a feeling only a couple people will know enough to respond to this.)

• 3 weeks later...