Magical Barrier in Bojars tower.

You're not supposed to pass the traps on the first floor. You're supposed to go through another set of gates directly south of the tower entrance...which brings you underground.

If there really is a force barrier there that I'm forgetting about, there's a woman in the south tower on the Isle of Bigail who sells piercing crystals. However, I do know that nothing in Bojar's tower that is necessary to ending the plague is blocked by a force barrier, just three fire barriers. To fight him you had to have passed a spiny worm in the lower level, which would bring you to a disused laboratory and a fight with some slimes that Bojar summons on some runes. After you fight those slimes he summons you have to go through a secret passage in the southwest corner of the room.

I hope I'm making sense.

There are just two sets of barriers in Agate Tower.

One is the fire barriers on the lower level, which you have to walk through just like Excalibur has already said.

The only other barrier is found in the SW of the upper level, not the SE. If it's that barrier you're talkingg about, Dragonlorddragon, then know that you need a piercing crystal or Dispel Barrier lvl 2 to dispel it, and you only get some missiles for it.

If that didn't help, check following site. It really leaves no open questions.

http://rachea3.tripod.com/avernum3/id23.html