Other level map

Xaiya

• 4 weeks later...

When I find a place to be topographically tortuous (how 'bout all those portals in the lower level of the Sentinel Workshop?), I do screen grabs (Command-Shift-3 on a Mac), paste them together, add notes, etc. I did the same thing with the Honeycomb in A4. I'm doing A5 for the third time now, and this time I'm keeping notes of things I have to go back for (locked doors, magical barriers, traps) when I've reached a high enough level. I'm also keeping track of where I can buy certain ingredients (Energetic Herbs!), Wisdom Brews, etc. But these are the kind of things you simply don't think about your first time through, particularly if you've never played one of Jeff's games before.

I didn't even bother taking notes on those wretched portals... I just kept taking one after another hoping it would lead me someplace I needed to be. It worked out well enough for me, and I never needed to go back... though I suppose that that map that somebody on these forums came up with not too long ago (who and where I don't remember) might come in handy should I make another run of the game.