Handing over Solberg's papers

Swivelable

Since I've already handed over the Anama papers to Gladwell. is there any point in saving Solberg's papers for Melanchion instead of bribing Ruth with them? I mean, is there any gain in giving the Melanchion two of the three items he wants, or is he an all or nothing kinda character?

Also, When I hand these items of power over, does it make that character stronger? If Dorikas gets these papers is he harder to defeat? I purposely did in Gladwell without giving him the crystal thinking that his destruction would be an easier matter if he did not have that power. Did it really make any difference? It seems to me that it should.

Is that my only choice left? With the resultant fury over showing the papers to him, then Ruth wouln't ask for the papers cause I've already proved myself? I was gonna let him live, cause I liked the crazy old geezer.

I think I've let all the DL's I've met go back to Dorikas including the spy, and I thought that was going to be good enough to convince Ruth

I don't want to tip my hand to Ruth yet, but I'd like to have a few treats left for Mel too.

Ah, the Howling Depths. Seems so long ago! I must've missed Tholmen's plea for life amidst all the carnage. (Or I liked the boots he was wearing too much to care.)

So now the big choice of life - who to kill; Ruth or Solberg

Is it worth fooling Dorikas into thinking I want to join him - as I've tried to angle all my encounters that way, and the Solberg fight would be quite an adventure.

Or maybe, since I can't get Tholmen's training anyway (jeesh, one mistake and your whole plan goes awry) I should just go after the Big Guy's bad asp and plow thru anyone who stands in my way.

I guess that was the original intent of this mission.

Life was so simple on the surface!