Anyone know the special skill requirements?

BrownieMix

I'm starting to question whether or not the way to obtain special skills is the same as in Avernum 4. I tried obtaining Magery by having my priest have 8 pure INT an 6 Priest skill, but Magery never became an option.

It's possible I'm missing something, but I would like to know for sure because I have a lot of skill points waiting to be put to good use...

Does anyone have the EXACT requirements for Sharpshooter, Magery, Gymnastics, etc?

I haven't yet tested magery in A5 myself, but there are 2 things where you could have possibly made a mistake, I'll just mention them:

1# they must be skill levels gotten from actually investing points into them. Skill levels from items won't do, skill levels from traits (pure spirit) won't do, and skill levels from other magical sources, such as some quest rewards or reading books wont work.

Skill levels from buying training does work however. The best way to verify you are really counting actual invested skill points is by looking at the cost of raising it an other level.

2# If you have the training window open, and invest the required points into the required skills, the special skill will not become active right away.

You must first close the window, then open it again. Doing so makes the investment permanent, and you can't undo it anymore, at least, not without reloading.