Problems with The Bargha Walls mission :(

Darkdread

I just downloaded the demo for Windows (I have XP version). I am very happy with this game.

My problem is with the Bargha walls mission. I went to that area. Noticing the guards, I approached stuck to the walls until I got the message twice saying "from this point you are able to see... luckily you were not sent to assault this fort" or something like that, then the guards saw me, they gave me the warning, then I must have still walked too close because they went angry.

I tried escaping and only 2 of them chased ME. I dispatched them but then when I go back to town, Sargeant Cienna never takes notice of my mission, nor do I get any kind of option saying "I spied on their wall and bla bla".

Did I do something wrong? should I approach even more?

confused

Two things come to mind:

- You say you got the "from this point" message twice. Just to make sure, you got it from approaching the walls from both sides of the cave, right? (I.e. the north and south walls.)

- When job board quests are completed, you only get an on-screen message of its completion, and can never say anything about it during actual dialog with the quest-giver. Are you sure you didn't just miss the 'quest completed' prompt? Is the quest still in your active quests list?

Yeah, I read your post -thanks for replying so quickly by the way- went back to game and noticed I had only approached the south wall and mid area. I didn't touch the north wall where I got a different message, like "now you have collected all the info you needed" or something like that. I had to kill the remaining guards though cool

And then I got the "mission completed" message you described, thank you!!!

I crept up the left wall, one step at a time, until I got the message about defenses, ran back to the ruined walls at the base, then crept up the right wall until I got the 2nd defense message. After that I walked toward the center, the guards warned me to leave, which I did, stopping to pick up the crystals on the way.

My singleton went back to Bargha shortly before the end of the game, scrounging for energetic herbs in forgotten caches, in order to make one last round of knowledge brews. He let the Bargha guards plink away at him harmlessly a bit, then toasted them all with Divine Retributions and Arcane Blows. Let 'em think every single Empire scout can do that, and they might think twice about shooting at one of us next time. I could get a good look through the gate, but of course I couldn't actually get in to Bargha.

As a side note: in the quest for knowledge brews, it's actually graymold and not energetic herbs that finally limits you — if you really save all your herbs from the beginning of the game, and don't burn them up making energy potions. Energetic herbs become scarcer than graymold in the second half of the game, and mandrake root becomes positively common near the end, but there are quite a lot more energetic herbs in the earlier part.

Quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:
As a side note: in the quest for knowledge brews, it's actually graymold and not energetic herbs that finally limits you — if you really save all your herbs from the beginning of the game, and don't burn them up making energy potions. Energetic herbs become scarcer than graymold in the second half of the game, and mandrake root becomes positively common near the end, but there are quite a lot more energetic herbs in the earlier part.
In case you haven't already bought them, Techtar, Mother Alice's guard, has 2 greymold he will sell you for 120 ea. (after you kill his slime).