Keep special abilities items??

PhysWiz

I seem to be accumulating items like shields, rings, chains etc. that have special boosts such as Blademaster +1 or Lethal Blow +1. I am only at Tranquility now and I have no party members who can access these special abilities yet. Question: Can I sell these now and count on getting similar or better equipment later in the game when I can make use of them or should I save them?

Wow !? So, even if I don't yet have the prerequisites to train in Blademaster, for example, I still get the advantages of having Blademaster if I equip an item giving me boosts for it??? I guess I have to rethink what I sell.

On a related topic, there are also items giving resistances to poison, acid etc. So, is it likely that I will get better items later so I could sell what I have now if I am getting along without it.

Same question for the special abilities items. Will I ever get a better ring than Archer's Band? My problem is that I temporarily need to equip a certain item for now (say resistances to poison etc.) but might later want an Archer's Band type ring. Can I sell any Archer's Band rings I have now, confident that I will get better later? This is a general question for many special boost type items (Blademaster, etc.) I don't need a list just some general trends.

Quote:
So, even if I don't yet have the prerequisites to train in Blademaster, for example, I still get the advantages of having Blademaster if I equip an item giving me boosts for it???
Exactly.

I equip the items that work best in general circumstances and replace them as I find something better. I do save some items that may be useful in special circumstances, but in practice I never use them.

Eventually, Dikiyoba sells the rest.

If you can use it now then equip it and sell it when you get the better version. Some items are limited in number so there are only two girdles of might (+2 strength) in the entire game. There is always going to be a decision about what's best at any time and some items never get used.