When will the Beta test finish>?

Roganth

I am waiting eagerly for the release of A5 and it seems the beta test is successful as many mac users have played the game. Howabout next time "Avernum 6 perhaps" you make the mac users wait and do the beta on Windows?

Because honestly those guys who can afford Mac should be playing other games, rather then interfering with honest law abiding citizens such as myself who can only afford windows.

Jeff why pick on the downtrodden and poor?

I have bought A3 and A4 and two of the geneforge series so I know what I am talking about

Jeff initially develops his games on a Mac because he prefers Macs. This has been brought up before and really isn't up for debate.

Also, Macs aren't really that much pricier than any other computer these days: not counting the Mac Mini, laptops start at $1099 and desktops at $1199. But that's beside the point.

Come on!

i'm a Mac user for about 15 years now and I live in Brazil; so even being middle class here I'm probably poorer than you are. All my machines but one were bought used. Among other reasons I prefer Macs because they last a long time. My strawberry iMac (8 years old) still runs perfectly and it's being used by my nephew (6 years old), so considering the cost benefits relationship, it was quite cheap.

And if antiquity means something, I've beeing playng Jeff's games since the first Exile, when they were Mac only.

And PC users should be playing all those games that dont run on Macs (or that come latter for the Mac) while they wait for Avernum 5.