Anama - pah :-)

ewan

So - I'm running through an Anama party (well - duo; I thought about singleton but also wanted to try the trick to nab the neat Fang Clan test gear). Just finished the Anama lands, and Micklebur turns up to apologise for the ambush and state that he'll go hold off Darksiders coming from the east. OK.

Except... he doesn't. And in fact it seems that there's no limit to their numbers: if you stand just outside the Anama land gates, a line of Darksiders appears each non-combat turn. This allows for instant xp, I assume, as it is quite possible to have the sequence 'f [start combat] pr [divine retribution, kills off all Darksiders] f [stop combat] space [pauses, new line of Darksiders appears]' - repeat ad nauseum.

Yes, I get that this is a game mechanic to force movement towards the west, and in a game where I didn't go Anama it kinda worked. But when the Anama lands are in theory closed to the Darksiders... well, is there *no* benefit to going Anama other than a couple of spells? Just seems a bit silly.

Go visit some of the mages to see their opinions about the Anama. The only point to going into that cult is cheaper and earlier access to priest spells.

You lose out on everything behind dispel barrier only barriers and that means key crafting ingredients and plenty of wisdom crystals.

Joining the Anama means that Mickelbur kills the party of Darkside Loyalists that are waiting with him. The only way to stop the respawning of more behind you is to reach almost to Dervish Tholmen. The extra loot and experience is balanced out by the using of energy potions/elixirs of which there are a limited number and the ingredient of energetic herb is needed for knowledge brews.