To geas, or not to geas

playongrass

Headin' through my second round, first time declined the offer of Gladwell, but wondering if it is worth it to try it out...

What are the pro's and con's?

I'd love to try and go thru it another time to check to see what happens, but I really don't have enough time to play the game once more thru and I'm just uber curious...

If you do the geas, you will be forced to complete a lot of quests that make towns angry at you. Also, you will not be able to take up certain quests or join the Anama. The stat bonus is nice as are the rewards, but you can pretty much get all of that elsewhere later on.

I don't think it's worth it. If you kill Gladwell, you lose the stat bonus. If you keep Gladwell, you lose half the stat bonus by the end of the game. I thought the magic rewards were decent (since you can always use more spell levels), but the other ones were just not that great considering you get those items elsewhere. It may be worth it if you don't do the side quests, hence you wouldn't otherwise get those items - I don't know.

Quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:
You don't have to lose the stat bonus after killing Gladwell. But if you don't then you still have the geases to get each item. So you will have to obtain them, but you can pick where to give them.
I guess you could also fight the Vahnatai for the chip and keep your stats. So I was doubly wrong.

• 2 years later...
Originally Posted By: Max_Power
Hi all,

I'm in my first play and i was wondering,

Did someone have try to take the Gladwell geas very late in the game to minimalize the impact of the towns getting mad at you ?

Many thanks,

Phil

I currently am doing that with a party of 2. I'm quite a ways down the road, and I haven't got any of these items. No towns are mad, and I'll have the option to join gladwell whenever i so please. I hope it works correctly; I've never tried it before.

Click to reveal..
I'm thinking of doing it after I get trained by Tholmen. I'm going to save shorty after the training and get the endings for Joint Underworld or not first, then come back and get gladwell's geas (Purging Harkins Landing makes buying the share tricky). If possible, I'll try and do it with the Loyalist and Pro-Prazak endings as well.