Avernum 4 crashes

Garamir

So, I decided finally to try Avernum 4 demo, and there's seems to be crashing problem. I start the game, play for few minutes, game crashes, computer goes to total lockdown, and maybe even to BSOD. It seemingly happens after few minutes of playing, and always during combat. I tried everything, switching off sounds, updating drivers, etc... But it stills crashes. I changed recently my graphics card and power, but all other games work perfectly. And the computer is:

Amd Athlon 64 3200+

Abit AV8

Radeon X1950 Pro

1,50GB DDR

Edit: And oh right, OS is Windows XP Pro.

Avernum 4 seems to be the most tempermental of the games in terms of system freezing crashes even on Mac systems. There seems to be no single explanation for why it happens. Some of the ones that have been proposed involve the game not liking to share resources with other programs, corruption of files, it's just that time of the month.

"Avernum 4 seems to be the most tempermental of the games in terms of system freezing crashes even on Mac systems."

I handle all of Spiderweb's tech support E-mail. Avernum 4 has shown no more or less random crashiness than anything else. File corruptions can happen anywhere.

The main thing to try for this problem, that wasn't mentioned, was to uninstall, redownload, and reinstall. Don't skip any of these three steps.

- Jeff Vogel

Edit: The reason more people have Avernum 4 problems is, most likely, that more people play Avernum 4. The more popular game gets more issues for obvious reasons. But it is NOT a buggy game.