Box of odds and ends in army camp

Checking the scripts shows that it is possible to find a 'woven crystal spool' that will be 'useful to somebody' in that box (the one in the Main Army Camp contraband vault). This appears as a special item, not an inventory item. To get this message and item you need to have flag (50,10) set to 1. You can do that with the cheat code "sdf 50 10 1". But I haven't been able to find anything in any of the scripts (using grep) that sets that flag, or even anything else in the game that mentions that flag at all.

This would seem to be a bug.

Quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:
In the main army camp, in the locked room full of contraband in the NE corner, there is a blue shaper box containing junk that seems useless. If you open it all you get is a text box that tells you that.

Is there a quest involving that box? If so, how do you get it?
I think that box might contain a book wanted by the libarian in Donals(sp?) Keep.

The super-trapped chest at the northern end of the secret tunnel into Greiner's rooms is just a sort of rotten Easter egg; a Mech of 20 is enough to open it, and it contains some trash.

The contraband blue box in Main Army Camp is completely different. It is a sort of bug, a leftover piece of a quest that was somehow omitted from the game, whether deliberately or by accident. You can only get the 'Woven Crystal Spool' from this box after entering a debug code, and you can (apparently) never do anything with the spool anyway.

At least that is my conclusion at this point. I told Jeff about it. This thread is to ask whether anyone else has actually found the relevant quest.