Shaper Help

Pump Intelligence, ONE shaping skill, either mental, blessing or battle magic or neither. Remember to use Daze. Keep a few creations at Torment and only one or two at lower difficulties.

Not really much to it.

First Create Drayk canister can be found in Dhonald's Keep, in Lord Rahul's private chambers.

All creations have their worth, really. Basicly, stick with one type as soona s you get it, then upgrade to the stronger type when you can, within the same school of shaping.

For example: First Fyora, then Cryoa, then Drayk.

First Artilla, then Searing Artilla, then Vlish, then Ghlaak, then Gazer.

Thad, Thad Shade, Battle Alpha, Rothgroth.

Just remember to stick to one school of shaping, since it gives focus on the specific area where you spent your skillponts, and thus gives maximum bonus.

Yep, focusing on battle or magic creations will get you in great trouble.

However, fire creations are more versatile.

They can do fire, cold, magic, acid and physical damage.

Still, it is better to mix creations of different types.

Gazers+ drakons+ rotghroths make a perfect army.

Thahds and Thahd Shades are also pretty useful to deal with enemies that get too close. (Or to prevent enemies from getting to your fragile Fyoras and Cryoras.)

My favorite strategy is to get high Mechanics (10+) and Leadership (8-10), enough Blessing Magic to cast your best blessing spell, enough Creation Skill to create your favorite creatures and dump the rest into Intelligence.

PS Don't forget to pick up the two NPCs - Alwan and Greta. The best thing about them is that they don't cost any essence to get or to upgrade, so you'll always have an equivalent of your top creations for free.

I've never had the slightest trouble from focusing entirely on Magic creations. I make as many as I can, instead of evolving. As I gain skills and essence, I gradually replace all Artilas with Vlish, then add a couple of Glaahks to the Vlish, then upgrade them both to Ur-Glahhks, then go for as many Gazers as possible. In principle my army is vulnerable to physical attacks, but nothing gets close enough to attack. The only exception is late in the middle game, when my Vlish are beginning to fade; but Glaahks are quite good tanks, and they work fine as blockers.

That said, I'm beginning to think that there are also other ways to skin the cat.

Endurance is pointless. If you get hit, you are not playing right.

As I always said: Mech 6 before you enter the mines on Greenwood, Leadership 7 before speaking with the commander in Fort Kentia.

Leadership 8 before speaking with the Shaper in San Ru, Mech 8 before entering Purification plant.

Add Infiltrator Vest+Cloak and Tinker Gloves and you got Mech 10 and Leadership 10, which is all you ever need in the game, enough to score you all that good Xp and special items.

True, but if you're gonna do that you have to be guardian, 'cause with shapers and agents you have to concentrate on getting high magic/shaping/strength, with guardians they really only needto worry about fighting skills, normal skills, leadership, and mechanics, and healing craft, at least I only needed that, oh and use javelins as a primary weapon as soon as you get them, they are very good! At least you should use them as a guardian, the batons are weak compared to them, unless you have either a lot of venom/acid thorns/batons you should use javelins, and javelins may not be useful when the enemy is too close, but you move back one and pow they take a beating! Watch out though because javelins weigh 1 lb per javelin so don't carry a lot of them.